ELECTRONIC FILE DISCLOSURE CLERK - RCMP
Competition #: 118-COV-22
Closing Date: Internal applicants – July 22, 2022
External applicants – July 29, 2022
Rate of Pay: $32.71 per hour (as per CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement)
Band: 6 – Schedule A (as per CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement)
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday / 35 hours per week
Reporting to the Manager, Admin Support and Training - RCMP, this position works with the NCO in charge of the Vernon/North Okanagan Plain Clothes Unit, to assist investigations by providing electronic file maintenance, disclosure, and administrative support.
Following RCMP standards and best practices, and working within a variety of RCMP applications(i.e. PRIME, CPIC, JUSTIN), the incumbent is responsible for ensuring quality and accuracy in all aspects of the creation, maintenance, and final disclosure of complex investigative materials in accordance with legislated disclosure regulations, Provincial Crown disclosure MOU and provincial Major Case Management (MCM) requirements. Through the course of their duties, the incumbent will be exposed to graphic and disturbing information or images.
- Provides ongoing administrative, electronic file maintenance, and disclosure for Major Case Management (MCM) support to members such as Team Commander, Primary Investigator, File Coordinator, and Field Investigators, working on complex investigational files though the life cycle of the investigation including court proceedings.
- Creates an electronic file disclosure package at the direction of the investigator by extracting relevant data from operational investigative files in various RCMP applications from the onset of an investigation. This disclosure package is organized, named, indexed, and searchable in accordance with applicable disclosure legislation, provincial MCM requirements and the Crown MOU.
- Works with the investigators to ensure data security, integrity, accuracy and compliance with policies, procedures, and legislated regulations governing data access and use.
- Attends investigational briefings and works with the Primary Investigator, File Coordinator or other investigators to develop the workflow method for submitting, sorting, and organizing material.
- Scans hard copy material and uploads various types of electronic material into the dataset (i.e. photographs, audio/video, documents).
- Converts investigational material into a suitable format in compliance with the Crown MOU.
- Organizes incoming investigational material for entry into the electronic workflow.
- Updates investigational files as requested by RCMP members.
- Uses RCMP applications and open source formats to conduct queries as requested by RCMP members.
- Provides in-house guidance, cross-training, and information pertaining to electronic file management and disclosure to all members and staff as required.
- Transcribes and types various documentation (i.e. correspondence, reports, digitally recorded audio statements).
- Researches and replies to requests for information received from outside agencies.
- May be required to attend court proceedings.
- Assists the Plain Clothes Unit Administrative Support Clerk with investigative or clerical tasks.
- Maintains and distributes curfew checklists, e-brief slides and other administrative duties as required in support of the Crime Analyst.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- All persons employed by the City of Vernon will be required to assist the City in providing emergency services. Duties assigned during an emergency may differ from regular duties.
Required Education and Experience:
- Completion Office Administration Certificate or other related educational program.
- Minimum two (2) years recent office administration experience in a policing environment that includes records management, disclosures, police information checks, and broad knowledge of criminal investigations, including one (1) year working with PRIME workflow, or workflow with an equivalent police records information management environment (i.e. PROS).
- A combination of recent related education and experience may be considered.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the operational records keeping systems including PRIME, CPIC, TEAM and JUSTIN.
- Knowledge of departmental policy and procedures applicable to the work being carried out, with Ledger 3.0 experience preferred.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat Professional at an intermediate level.
- Skilled production of neat, accurate typing of 55 correct words per minute.
- Ability to work successfully with limited supervision.
- Ability to exercise sustained periods of concentration to review, locate, analyze, extract, and edit data from a wide variety of information sources.
- Able to recognize and prioritize tasks required within investigational timelines and without direction.
- Is flexible, and able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, working to deadlines.
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Communicates effectively, orally and in writing, with team members, police officers, members of the public, and internal and external agencies.
- Ability to obtain an acceptable Police Information Check
- Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Status security clearance.
Conditions of Employment:
- As a fundamental term and condition of employment with the City of Vernon, candidates will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
Please submit your resume, quoting the appropriate competition number to: Human Resources, City of
- Online at www.vernon.ca (In MS Word or PDF Format) or
- By Fax: (250) 550-3551
Internal applicants are asked to complete the Internal Application Form located on Jostle and forward this along with a resume.
By making application, you are authorizing the City of Vernon to verify, through whatever means deemed appropriate, any information included in your applicant profile.
The City of Vernon wishes to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!