Increase your commitment to a fitness routine; It is good for your social health, can create set schedules and accountability, can build confidence. Working out with a crowd carries a plethora of intertwined benefits that include: enhancing attendance consistency, motivation, conversation and inspiration.
The Health Benefits of Being Active
- Improve your balance
- Reduce falls and injuries
- Help you stay independent longer
- Help prevent heart disease, stroke, osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes, some cancers and premature death
- Aerobic activity, like pushing a lawn mower, taking a dance class, or biking to the store, is continuous movement that makes you feel warm and breathe deeply.
- Strengthening activity, like lifting weights or yoga, keeps muscles and bones strong and prevents bone loss. It will also improve your balance and posture.