Vernon Fire - Rescue is responsible for community safety in many ways:
Responding to and mitigating emergency situations to protect life and property, minimize damage, injury or loss, and do so as quickly, effectively and as well prepared as possible are the primary goals of fire and rescue services.
In non-emergency times, Vernon Fire - Rescue is focusing on awareness, fire and life safety public education, legislation, bylaw compliance and training. More specifically Vernon Fire - Rescue provides:
- First Medical Response
- Fire suppression, fire inspections and investigations, including Fee for Service Agreements
- Road Rescue, motor vehicle incident responses
- Public education and community relations, community smoke alarm campaign
- Hazardous Materials response and Confined Space Rescue, including Fee for Service Agreements
- Emergency Fire Dispatch
- Emergency Program and Emergency Support Services management
Fire Bans and Restrictions
Fire bans and restrictions are implemented as local fire hazards or dangers, weather conditions and fire activity demand, to help to protect the population of, and property values in, British Columbia.
For current BC Wildfire fire bans and restrictions click on the link.
Submit a Fire Inspection Request
Custom inspections fall outside the realm of regular legislated inspections. If you require a fire inspection please use our fire inspection request form. Please contact your building inspector for building inspections.
If you would like to visit the Fire Station or would like the fire department to attend your event please use our request an event form.