The primary function of Legislative Services is to support the legislative matters and decisions of Council. Legislative Services is responsible for the statutory duties of the municipal clerk including:
- Preparing and preserving all minute books and records of Council business
- Keeping custody of City bylaws
- Providing administrative support to Council and its committees
- Preparing Council and committee agendas
- Conducting local government elections
How Legislative Services can help you:
- Learn more about Council meetings and appear before Council.
- File a freedom of information request through our records coordinator.
- Speak at a public hearing.