For over 25 years, the RCMP Volunteer Program has helped to minimize the amount of crime occurring throughout our city by working work with the City of Vernon and North Okanagan Detachment of the RCMP.
To become an RCMP Crime Prevention Volunteer, applicants must:
- be between the ages of 19 and 79 years of age
- have no criminal record
- pass a comprehensive security screening conducted by the RCMP
- successfully complete the RCMP Crime Prevention Volunteer Training Program
- Pass and hold RCMP FA2 Security Level (security clearance).
- Ability to maintain the security and confidentiality of any information you learn, through any manner as an RCMP Crime Prevention Volunteer.
- Must wear and maintain the issued RCMP Crime Prevention Volunteer “kit” (jacket/shirt/ID Tag) while on duty.
- Ability to remain calm and pleasant with public and staff.
- Posses a valid BC Drivers License in good standing.
For more information check out the RCMP Crime Prevention Volunteer brochure.