As Vernon’s economy continues to diversify, so does the area’s workforce. A surge in service industries during the last five years has contributed to an influx of small businesses. In fact, 91% of all businesses in the region employ 20 people or fewer. This presents many opportunities for employment. Fortunately, Vernon has programs and services to aid people with their job search, including:
- job boards
- career coaching and networking
- skills enhancement
- one-on-one employment counselling
- educational planning
- foreign credential recognition assistance
The primary employment service centre in Vernon is Community Futures North Okanagan. Community Futures is a not-for profit organization offering a comprehensive selection of business services, employment assistance and economic development initiatives supporting the North Okanagan. Community Futures delivers the Employment Program of British Columbia, a one-stop location for job seekers in the North Okanagan. They provide a self-service resource centre, job postings, employment workshops, one-to-one employment support and skills training.
Community Futures North Okanagan
3105 33rd Street, Vernon, B.C.
- Turning Points Collaborative Society – serves job seekers with more than one barrier to finding work
- Kindale Developmental Association – provides services to job seekers with a developmental disability
- Venture Training - provides services to job seekers with developmental disabilities.
- Vernon and District Immigrant Services Society – assists eligible immigrant job seekers
For career opportunities with the City of Vernon: