About the Vernon North Okanagan RCMP
Policing Services for the City of Vernon are provided by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).
Vernon North Okanagan RCMP provide specialized services including: first responders, task force, crime reduction and downtown enforcement units, serious crime investigators, police dog services, forensic identification and civilian staff.
The RCMP also relies on E-COMM (9-1-1), who provide emergency call services, and South East District Operational Communications Centre who provide non-emergent reports to police and act as an after-hours contact for our citizens.
Behind the scenes at the Vernon RCMP Detachment are civilian staff members who are responsible for providing support to the overall policing operation in a variety of roles. Often they are the front line contact for most customer related needs including police information checks, civil fingerprints, insurance reports, subpoena delivery and referral services. This group of staff work in both support and specialized roles that provide police the opportunity to focus on investigative work.
- In the event of an emergency, immediately dial 9-1-1.
- To make an anonymous report contact Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or visit this webpage.
Front Counter Information
- Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (excluding Statutory holidays)
- General Inquiries call 250-545-7171.
- Police Information Checks for residents of the Vernon and Coldstream areas
- Two pieces of government issued photo identification are needed for this process
- Fees for this service vary and are payable by cash or debit only
- Civil Fingerprinting provided on Thursdays from 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Please call in advance to inquire about the fees and documents required to bring with you