Active Living Centre Referendum: Activate your vote! Activate your voice!
On October 15, 2022, eligible electors in Vernon will be asked if they are in favour of borrowing up to $121 million, with interest, over a period not exceeding 30 years in order to finance the development of the Active Living Centre - a new multi-purpose indoor recreation facility.
To help electors make an informed decision, based on accurate, fact-based information, the City of Vernon has developed an information webpage at engagevernon.ca/activelivingcentre to share:
- details of the project;
- the proposed funding strategy and impact for Vernon taxpayers;
- how the proposed facility would help meet the current and future indoor recreation needs of the community;
- reasons for the recommendation to build a new multi-purpose recreation facility;
- conceptual drawings;
- who is eligible to vote in the referendum;
- when, where, and how electors can vote, and more.
The City of Vernon invites everyone to visit the information page and read through the material.
Recreation Services staff will also be attending a number of community events and hosting open houses/pop-up information booths over the next several weeks, so citizens can talk directly with staff about the project, review material together, ask questions, and receive answers in real time. Details of those events can also be found at engagevernon.ca/activelivingcentre.