Property Taxes

Property Tax Due Date
First working day after July 1st

Property taxes are one of the City's biggest revenue sources, and are critical to the health and livability of our city.

Your tax dollars help pay for many essential services, such as police, fire fighting, and emergency rescue.

We also rely on property tax revenues to build stronger communities. Your payments help fund our recreation and community centres, libraries, parks, and much more.

Have you ever wondered how your property taxes are put to use?  The below videos will help you understand how your tax dollars are determined and used to support the services that the City of Vernon provides.

How your City of Vernon property taxes are determined.


How to pay your Property Taxes

There are many ways you can pay your property tax notice: 

Important Information about Property Taxes

FAQ- Frequently Asked Property Tax Questions