Water & Sewer

The Utilities Department is responsible for all underground construction of water, sanitary sewer, and storm mains and services on the public right of way. The City also manages wastewater, storm water and sewer connections.

The City of Vernon is the agent collecting water utility payments on behalf of the Regional District of North Okanagan (RDNO) - Greater Vernon Water (GVW). The City of Vernon bills per the RDNO Water Rates Bylaw.  

The Regional District of North Okanagan - Greater Vernon Water supplies and delivers drinking water to customers in the City of Vernon. The primary objectives are to provide clean, safe, drinking water in quantities to meet current and future demand; and to make “Water Quality Advisories” a rare event.

Visit the Regional District of North Okanagan - Greater Vernon Water website for up-to-date information, including emergency lawn and garden regulations, water quality and conservation information, troubleshooting tips and more.

Water Hydrant Use

Residents and businesses can apply for temporary use of a water hydrant with applicable fees due to the City. The form linked below for hydrant use is editable and can be filled out within Adobe Acrobat Reader, then printed for submission.

Application for Hydrant Use
Please complete form and email to Utilities Coordinator kgiampa@vernon.ca.  For further inquires please call Utilities Operations @ 250 550-3620.

Utility Bill Inserts

Quarter One

Greater Vernon Water – Newsletter & City of Vernon Unflushable Information

Quarter Two

Greater Vernon Water - Water Usage Information
RDNO's website