The positions' hours of work are varied. It is essential that the ideal candidate has strong interpersonal skills, is energetic and enthusiastic, is well organized plus is able to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all levels of internal and external contacts.
The successful candidates must have the ability to provide leadership for a variety of recreation programs and activities. Applicants must have the ability to plan and lead structured programs with a focus on a variety of sport and fundamental movement skills. Level 1 Coaching certification is desirable.
TYPICAL SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED:
- Planning a outline of the program activities
- Organizing and implementing activities;
- Teaching and monitoring adults or children in their activities;
- Lead and orient staff and volunteers in providing quality recreation programs.
- Institute and enforce rules and procedures for participants and staff.
- Ensure participant welfare during all activities.
- Ensure the proper handling of first aid and emergency situations.
- Prepare equipment and supplies for programs.
- Act as a positive role model for staff and participants.
- Set up and take down of equipment, etc;
- Performs and partakes in other duties and activities as required and related to the program.
CERTIFICATE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 8 hours training in child development, guidance, health and safety
- General Coaching certification (or) School Teacher or in process of obtaining certification.
- Recreation Certificate (or) Outdoor Recreation Certificate (or) Sport Recreation Leadership (or) Ba Education (or) *in process of obtaining certification
- Current NLS (National Lifeguard Service Award) preferred.
- Valid BC Class 4 drivers License
- Experience developing and leading recreation opportunities.
- Experience working with children in a recreational setting.
- Must be able to deal tactfully and effectively with the public.
- Ability to be imaginative and flexible to ensure a fun environment for participants.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Clear Criminal Records Check with vulnerable sector
- Current Emergency First Aid and CPR C required.
- Physical strength and ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Please send resume with cover letter to, Recreation Programs at email@example.com
. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.