Effective January 1, 2014, the City of Vernon took over the governance of local parks from the Regional District of the North Okanagan. Please click here for background information and an explanation on the new parks structure.
In order to manage the local parks and outdoor recreation system responsibly, the City of Vernon has developed a Parks Master Plan. Over 2500 people have participated in surveys and events to provide feedback on Vernon parks. The public feedback was used to develop a vision and set direction for parks and outdoor recreation.
Click below to view the
Parks Master Plan
Parks Master Plan Process
Vernon's Parks Master Plan was developed in seven phases with the following timelines:
- Information Gathering, March - August 2014
- Community Consultation, March - October 2014
- Parks Master Plan Development, August - October 2014
- Parks Master Plan Refinement and Adoption, November 2014
- Community Consultation, January – April 2015
- Refinement of the Draft Parks Master Plan – May - August 2015
- Parks Master Plan Adoption, September 2015