What is a subdivision?
Subdivision is the process of altering legal property boundaries. It usually involves the dividing of a property into smaller parcels of land. It can also include the realignment of existing property lines or the consolidation of one or more properties into a single parcel.
Prior to the application
It is important to be aware of what the applicant will be responsible for before submitting a formal application. In a subdivision process, it is the applicant's responsibility to:
- Make all applicable applications
- Review the property title to determine if there are charges which restrict subdivision
- Check to confirm that the proposed lots conform to the minimum lot size and width regulations in the Zoning Bylaw
- Know of any special site conditions that may exist on the property
- Provide detailed information, such as geotechnical data, design and servicing details