What is a Subdivision?
A Subdivision is the process of altering legal property boundaries. It usually involves the dividing of a property into smaller parcels of land. It can also include the realignment of existing property lines or the consolidation of one or more properties into a single parcel.
Types of Subdivisions that require Approval:
- Adjusting lot lines between two or more parcels
- Creating new lots from one or more parcels
- Creating lots in a bare land strata development
- Creating a phased strata plan development
- Air space plan subdivisions
- Strata conversion
Prior to applying for your Subdivision, it is the applicant's responsibility to:
- Check to confirm that the proposed lots conform to the minimum lot size and width regulations in the Zoning Bylaw
- Review the property title to determine if there are charges which restrict subdivision
- Know of any special site conditions that may exist on the property
(all new lots must be serviced)
There are steps involved to successfully Subdivide a property. Applicants who are not experienced developers are encouraged to seek the advice of qualified professionals prior to making any financial commitments or submitting a formal application.