Fire Prevention

Effective at 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Friday, July 7, 2023, a fire ban is in place within the City of Vernon. This includes campfires. The fire ban will remain in place until further notice.



Campfires are governed by the Fire Services Bylaw and the Good Neighbour Bylaw. These bylaws play a role in our community to ensure that everyone may enjoy a safe campfire experience, without adversely affecting the health of the community, or the ability for their neighbours to continue to enjoy their own properties.

Fire Interface Zone Map


More Fire & Safety links