Reporting a Crime

  • Emergency line: 9-1-1.
  • Non-emergency Vernon RCMP: 250-545-7171
  • Vernon Crime Stoppers: 549-TIPS (8477) or 1-800-222-8477
  • RCMP Victims Assistance: 250-260-5833
  • Community Policing: 250-550-7840
Child Exploitation/Pornography call 1-866-658-9022 or report online:


Firearms Registration: 1-800-731-4000


External LinkCompetition Bureau 1-800-348-5358
External LinkCanadian Anti-Fraud Centre 1-888-495-8501
Reporting Economic Crime online (RECOL): 1-888-495-8501 or online at External


Youth/Gang Contact Line: 604-775-4264
Youth Against Violence Line: 1-800-680-4264 (Out-Gang)
TTY service at 604 875-0885 (collect calls are accepted)

Restorative Justice

Restorative Justice Society – North Okanagan – 250-550-7846


To report graffiti, use the City of Vernon report an issue form

Hate Crimes

BC Hate Crime Team: 604-660-2659
BC Hate Crime Victim Information Line: 1-800-563-0808

Missing Children

Contact your local police
Child Find toll free line: 1-800-387-7962

Motor Vehicle Collisions

Involving death or serious injury: 9-1-1
Involving no injury: Phone External Link ICBC Dial-A-Claim centre any time, day or night 1-800-910-4222
Hit & Run incidents: Vernon RCMP non-emergency number 250-545-7171


Cross border smuggling tip line : 1-888-RIG-TIPS (744-8744)

Suspected Grow Ops or Clandestine Labs

Call our non-emergency number at 250-545-7171
Crime Stoppers: 1-800-222-8477

Violence & Abuse (Physical/Sexual)

Crime Victim Assistance Program E-mail:

North Okanagan RCMP Victim Assistance Program
North Okanagan RCMP Victim Assistance Program - Rural/Satellite
3402 - 30th Street
Vernon, BC, V1T 5E5
Phone: (250) 260-7171 
Fax: (250) 260-7191

Specialized Victims Assistance Program
#303, 3402-27th Ave.
Vernon, BC, V1T 5A8
Phone: (250) 542-3322 
Fax: (250) 542-3224

Fax: (604) 660-9415
Toll Free: 1-800-563-0808
TTY: 604 875-0885/text 604 836-6381

Helpline for Children: 310-1234 (toll-free)
Youth Against Violence Line 1-800-68

City of Vernon/Bylaw Issues
  • City of Vernon Bylaw Compliance contact information and form
  • RDNO contractor, K9 Dog Control at 545-8070 or complaints may be made online at
  • Damaged or Missing Traffic Signs and Pavement Marking Maintenance Issues: City Operations 250-549-6757
  • Parking, Unsightly Property, and Noise Complaints: 250-550-3505*
  • Street/Sidewalk Repair: City Operations 250-549-6757
  • Traffic Calming Requests: 250-550-3587
  • Traffic Signals, Signs and Street Light Requests: 250-550-3625

* numbers with asterisk automatically call forward after hours, weekends and stat holidays