Vernon Masters Winter Splash
Jan 15, 2023
COMPETITION HOSTS: Vernon Masters
VENUE: Vernon Recreation Centre
3310-37 Ave, Vernon BC V1T 2Y5
Free onsite parking, no concession and coin operated lockers
POOL: 6-lane 25 metre competition pool
(Lane 8 will be for Warm-up/Warm Down)
MEET MANAGER: Sharon Slater (email@example.com)
MEET REGISTRAR: John Holmwood (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MEET REFEREE: Ian Johnstone
OFFICIALS COORDINATOR: Mike Stamhuis
WARM UP AND SESSION TIMES
Sunday January 15th
8:00 - 8:45am
9:00 - 12:00pm
Note: Session completion time is approximate
- All swimmers must be registered with a Swim BC, SNC, or other FINA recognized club.
- Proof of registration may be required for International Masters swimmers.
- Age groups for individual events will be: 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39 etc. (five-year age groups increments)
- Swimmer age is as of December 31st, 2023
- The meet will be limited to a maximum of 90 of swimmers. Entries will be considered a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Swimmers are limited to a max of FOUR individual entries plus relays.
- Meet Fees are $50.00 per swimmer.
- Swimmers must submit a time for each event. NT entries will not be accepted.
- Registration Methods:
- Registration must be completed online:
Step One: Pay your registration fee at www.gvrec.ca
Create or login to an existing account. (Accounts must include your age and current mailing address.) *Hint: make sure to update your filter to include January 15, 2023 so the event shows up.
Go to: Program Registration/Events/Masters Swim Meet to submit your payment.
Step Two: Register for your events at msabc.ca/wp/swim-in-a-meet/
Registration Deadline: Jan. 5, 2023 at 11:59pm
- Late and/or deck entries will not be accepted. No refunds.
- Psych Sheets will be posted on the MSABC website as soon as possible after the entry deadline.
GENERAL MEET RULES
- This meet will observe the FINA Technical Rules as outlined in the current FINA Masters Rulebook.
- The FINA one start rule and SNC warm up procedures will be in effect
- Current SNC Swim Suit policy will be in effect at this meet.
- All events will be swum as TIMED FINALS.
- Events will be swum slowest to fastest with all age groups and genders swimming together. In the results, swimmers will be separated into the different genders and age groups.
- The 200 Butterfly, Backstroke and Breaststroke events will be combined and the 400 Freestyle and 400 IM events will be combined. Swimmers will only be allowed to enter in one of the combined 200’s as well as one of the combined 400’s.
- Swimmers are asked to check in with the Meet Manager immediately upon arrival to pay outstanding entry fees, pick up Meet Info packages and receive information regarding any changes.
- All participants are to respect the facility rules including: no deck changing and no outside shoes on deck.
- Deck entries will be allowed for Relays only, provided they are submitted by 9:00 am.
- Age groups for relay events will be: 72-99, 100-119, 120-159, 160-199, 200-239 etc. (forty year increments thereafter)
- Women’s, Men’s and Mixed relays events will be combined. Swimmers may only swim either on the men’s, women’s or mixed team in the relay events. The Relay events will be separated out in the results.
- Mixed relay teams MUST have 2 females and 2 males per team.
- Deadline for all freestyle and medley relay name/order changes will be 9:00 am. Relay cards are included with the meet package.
- Individual scoring: 20-17-16-15-14-13-12-11
Relay scoring: 40-34-32-30-28-26-24-22
- Scores from this meet will be included in the League Trophy Award as per the MSABC League Trophy policy.
- Record attempt forms are attached to this meet package. It is the swimmer and/or coach’s responsibility to fill out the form and submit to the Clerk of Course 30 minutes prior to the start of their event.