Greater Vernon Recreation Services has officially begun public engagement for the Active Living Centre Feasibility Study.
Through the engagement process of the 2018 Recreation Master Plan, the Greater Vernon community identified a need for new indoor recreation opportunities. This Feasibility Study has been commissioned to better understand the costs and benefits associated with public investment in indoor aquatics, fitness and other program spaces.
It will help inform what new facility features best support Greater Vernon residents to find a facility mix that meets the current and future needs of a growing community and has the opportunity to attract new residents and visitors to the Greater Vernon area.
The Feasibility Study will assess the level of community support for:
- The development of a new Active Living Centre
- Upgrades to the existing Vernon Aquatic Centre
- Funding options (i.e. taxes, user fees, etc.)
Opportunities to Participate:
The public’s involvement and feedback to the Active Living Centre Feasibility Study is vital. Recreation ambassadors will be hosting interactive opportunities for the public to provide input on the type and size of new recreation facilities required in Greater Vernon to meet needs now and into the future.
Public engagement sessions:
- Open House 1 Sunday, November 24, 9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. at the Vernon Recreation Centre – Auditorium
- Open House 2 (February 2020 – date to be confirmed)
Milestones for the Project:
- Short list of Design Options – early November
- Feasibility Study Draft 1 – Report – December 20, 2019
- Feasibility Study Draft 2 – Report – February 14, 2020
- Feasibility Study – Final Report – March 24, 2020
Greater Vernon Recreation Services is operated by the City of Vernon with financial support from Community Partners the District of Coldstream and Electoral Areas B & C of the Regional District of North Okanagan
For more information:
email@example.com or go to our website at: https://www.vernon.ca/parks-recreation/active-living-centre