The Recreation Centre is home to a wide variety of facilities, from the Aquatic Centre, Fitness Gym, Creekside Conference Centre, Dogwood Gym and the Halina Senior Citizens Centre.
The Recreation Centre is owned and operated by the City of Vernon with financial support from our area neighbours the District of Coldstream, Area B and Area C. The Recreation Centre is located on the Vernon Recreation Complex at 3310 - 37 Avenue (access via 35 or 39 Avenue from Highway 97).
Recreation Centre Office Hours - (COVID-19)
Monday to Friday: 6:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Sunday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Stat Holidays: 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
24 Hour Schedule Line
250-550-7665 – Pool, Fitness Gym, Fitness & Sports Drop-In Information
Press 1 – Pool
Press 2 – Ice Skating Schedules
Press 3 – Sports Drop-In Information
Press 4 – Fitness Gym & Fitness Classes
Press 5 – Dogwood Gym Schedule
Office Phone: 250-545-6035 (0)
Things you should know before attending:
- Please do not enter the facility if you are sick, travelled outside the country in the past 14 days or been directed to self-isolate in the past 14 days.
- The facility is open to those guests with pre-registered programs or pre-registered activity reservations. We welcome public to call 250-545-6035 ext 0 or email email@example.com with any inquiries; however, the Recreation Clerks are more than happy to assist you in person during operational hours.
- Please be patient with the Recreation Staff as we implement our COVID-19 modifications.
- Please use the hand sanitizer station located at the main entrance when entering the facility.
- Everyone is encouraged to come participate in their program or activity and leave the facility immediately following. We discourage congregating in the lobby during operational hours.
- Our play spaces and meeting rooms have marked occupancy limits dependent on the type of activity offered in the space. Please respect our posted occupancy limits.
- Practice physical distancing by keeping 2 metres (6ft) between family units.
- Do not bring valuables or extra belongings to the facility. The only lockers available are the wallet lockers for small valuables (ie. car keys) located in the lobby.
- All guests are encouraged to carry their own face covering to use when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- The playground is available for use during operational hours. Like playgrounds in the park, please play with caution. For the health and safety of all please follow health guidelines: 1. Practice physical distancing (2 metres) 2. Wash or sanitize your hands before & after use. Playground equipment is not sanitized. 3. Stay home if you are sick.
- We have enhanced our cleaning procedures and increased our cleaning frequencies for our indoor spaces.