The City of Vernon would like to assure our community members that we remain open for business.
We have an unwavering commitment to the health and safety of our citizens and our employees and are working hard to keep you safe. This means we are taking steps to protect our customers and front line staff as follows:
- Members of the public are asked to call or email, and ONLY come in to a City facility to drop off materials that are not practical to email, make a payment, or pick up a building permit.
- Contact information for all City departments is available .
- Anyone who is sick, has been around someone who is sick, or has traveled outside the country within the last 14 days, is not to enter a City facility.
- If you do visit a City facility, please follow any posted procedures and maintain a minimum 2m distance from staff and other members of the public.
In order to protect our Building Inspectors:
- Building inspections continue, except for inspections that occur in a finished or occupied building.
- Screening questions will be asked at the time of scheduling inspections to ensure adequate physical distancing measures are in place.
Variances, rezoning applications and OCP amendments
- City staff will continue working on files for variances, rezoning applications and OCP amendments for when Council reconvenes.
- Under the current circumstances, Council has made the difficult decision to postpone the regular schedule of Council meetings until further notice.
- Variances, rezoning applications and OCP amendments cannot go forward for public input and public hearings at this time. The City is anticipating direction from the Province on the conduct of public hearings during the COVID-19 event.
We are preparing ourselves for an active business recovery period to get development moving when the circumstances allow.
The City continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and will be able to respond to critical issues as they arise. We continue to follow the directions of provincial and federal health authorities.
Receive updates from the City of Vernon:
To receive updates from the City of Vernon, subscribe to email updates through our website . Further, you can receive alerts on mobile devices with our free app, VernonConnect. The app is available on the App Store or Google Play.
Stay informed on the latest COVID-19 information by visiting accurate and reliable information sources: