Registration for the September 2021- June 2022 school years starts Saturday, March 13 at 9:00am.
Register on-line or in person at the Vernon Recreation Centre.
If you register, please stop in at the Vernon Recreation Centre. Registrants will need to provide the registration deposit and a payment type for the remaining nine monthly fees, Visa or MC that will be processed on the first business day of each month or nine (9) postdated cheques, payable to City of Vernon and dated the first of every month September 1 to May 1. ($25.00 service charge for cheques returned NSF by your bank.)
NOTE: The registration deposit equivalent of one months program fee is not refundable (but will be applied to Tiny Tots June fee.)
We require a two-week notice of withdrawal from the Tiny Tots program. Charges will be made according to when the notice is given. In case of the cancellation of a class a full refund will be provided.
Tiny Tot fees are tax deductible. Keep your receipts or download them from your recreation account at any time for tax purposes.
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN FOR TINY TOTS
To reduce the spread of COVID-19 at Tiny Tots Preschool, Recreation Services will:
- As much as possible, maintain reasonable physical distancing for activities
- Have less participants and a higher staff to child ratio (1 staff to 7 participants)
- Where feasible, provide dedicated supplies/equipment for each participant to use
- Have increased cleaning of touch points and shared equipment
- Designate staff for cleaning and disinfecting equipment and spaces after each activity
- Hand wash as per BC Centre of Disease Controls Guidelines:
- At arrival and before heading home
- Before and after any transition in activities
- Before and after eating and drinking
- After using the washroom
- Whenever hands are visibly dirty
- Require a daily health check for participants and their household and our staff
- Require a note from your medical Doctor for any allergies that present in a similar fashion to the symptoms of a cold or flu with coughing/sneezing/running nose/etc Provide a longer sign in and out time to promote physical distancing.
- Follow all guidelines set by the Provincial Health Office ILLNESS/TRAVEL Those who have symptoms of a cold, flu, or with any coughing / sneezing, or family members within their household who are sick or self-isolating, will not be permitted to attend camp (refund/credit provided). Those who have travelled or been in contact with someone who has travelled outside the country or province will not be permitted to attend camp.
For further and more detailed information please see our COVID-19 Parent Info and Procedures.
History of Tiny Tots
This popular preschool is home to over 100 students every year but it had a very humble beginning. Tiny Tots was introduced in the 1970’s as an eight week play gym program run out of the United Church and stayed there until it burned down in 1985. Tiny Tots became licensed in 1977 and has evolved into one of the most popular programs for preschool aged children and still resides in the Boys and Girls Club building.
Miss Lisa has been our Head Instructor since 2008 and she has her Early Childhood Education Certificate, basic first aid/CPR and food safety certificate. She enjoys making learning fun through play and is qualified to run our Fun Family Phonics program. She has been in child care since 1998 and brings a wealth of knowledge about child development and program planning implementation with her years of experience in child care management.
Miss Trenna started at Tiny Tots as a supported child care worker in 2007 and with her many years of child care experience, and passion for teaching, Trenna completed her ECE assistant certification and license to practice and is now a fully licensed instructor. Trenna also has her Food Safety course and is also qualified to run the Fun Family Phonics program.
Miss Kristy is the Lead instructor in our Discovery Classroom, and has been with Recreation Services since 1993 and has been an instructor with Tiny Tots since 2003. Kristy is certified in Early Childhood Education, Supported Child Care and Infant & Toddler care.
Miss Kat started at Tiny Tots in 2011 as a sub & supported child care worker, but has been working with children since 1996, including operating her own daycare. She is certified in early childhood education & first aid. Katrina loves teaching preschool, & being apart of the children's early learning means a great deal to her.