(as of 4:15 p.m.)
The City of Vernon continues to monitor the White Rock Lake fire and is in close contact with BC Wildfire Service regarding the fire’s activity and potential impacts within Vernon’s municipal boundary.
Evacuation ALERT information:
An Evacuation ALERT remains in place for the following areas (see map below):
- Canadian Lakeview Estates
- Adventure Bay
- Tronson Road between 8125 to 9280
The Alert remains in place out of an abundance of caution and in consideration of the weather forecast for the next few days.
Weather and fire conditions continue to evolve. Residents in all parts of Vernon are encouraged to remain vigilant, be prepared and continue monitoring updates from the City on its website and social media channels, from the BC Wildfire Service’s updates, and to continue following local news updates.
Learn more about how to prepare yourself and your household to respond to an emergency here.
Vernon ESS Reception Centre information
The City of Vernon ESS Reception Centre continues to receive evacuees from neighbouring communities who have been displaced due to the White Rock Lake fire (#K61884).
The Reception Centre is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily, until further notice, at the Dogwood Gym in the Vernon Recreation Centre (3409 35th Avenue).
Staff and volunteers have been working diligently to assist evacuees as quickly as possible. Processing times have varied due to the number of people needing to access the Centre’s services, so the City thanks everyone for their patience and understanding as applications and requests for referrals are being processed.
For those attending the Reception Centre, please note:
- All evacuees should register online with ESS Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA) even if you do not require referrals such as housing or other services: ess.gov.bc.ca.
- Commercial accommodations in Vernon are extremely limited at this time. Please make arrangements to stay with family or friends, if possible. Anyone looking to book commercial accommodations will be best served to look well outside the municipal boundary.
Receive updates from the City of Vernon:
To receive updates from the City of Vernon, subscribe to email updates through our website here. You can also follow the City on our social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (@CityofVernon).
Stay informed on the latest wildfire information and evacuation notices across the North Okanagan:
- BC Wildfire Service: bcwildfire.ca
- BC Wildfire Service updates on White Rock Lake fire: http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/OneFire.asp?ID=855
- Regional District of North Okanagan: rdno.ca
- Okanagan Indian Band: okib.ca