The City of Vernon is pleased to announce the recipients of Council Discretionary Grants for the spring 2022 intake period. A total of 19 applications were received, totalling $154,215 in requests for funding. At its Regular meeting of May 30, 2022, Council approved funding for the following organizations:
- Archway Society for Domestic Peace: $10,000
To help renovate their existing space to be more functional.
- Family Resource Centre Society for the North Okanagan: $4,000
To expand their Refugee and Immigrant Outreach program.
- Kalamalka Highlander Pipe Band: $5,000
To purchase new traditional pipe band uniforms.
- Vernon & District Funtastic Sports Society $15,000
To put towards operation of the event including fencing to eliminate the need to rent in the future.
- North Valley Gymnastic Society: $10,000
To assist with purchasing equipment and help with costs related to a new space.
- Sovereign Lake Nordic Club: $6,250
To fund an economic impact study of the current operations, future events, and new construction projects.
- Vernon Community Band Society: $800
To assist with operating expenses.
- Vernon Community Music School: $1,200
To purchase a PA system for all indoor performances, recitals and outdoor concerts.
Council Discretionary Grants are available to organizations that contribute to the general interest and quality of life for Vernon residents. The awarding of grants through this program is solely with Council’s discretion.
All Council Discretionary Grant funds for 2022 have now been allocated. The next application intake period will be in April 2023. Full eligibility requirements and details about the application process are available on the City’s website: vernon.ca/councilgrant.