Get out and stretch your legs at Kal Tire Place or Greater Vernon Sports Track. It’s free and a great way to stay in shape!
Kal Tire Place
As per the current Provincial Health Order, participants 12 years and older must come with their proof of vaccination as well as government issued photo identification and check in with the clerk at the counter every time. Participants must wear a mask throughout the building. Thank you for your understanding.
When using the facility for your walking convenience; please consider staff and other users while on the concourse. Here are a few simple guidelines to follow:
- Share the concourse: DO NOT walk 3-4 abreast. When walking with a friend, be alert to others who need to get around you and manoeuvre into single file to allow them to pass easily.
- Follow the given direction for the day. Direction arrows are posted on posts ‘C’, ‘G’ and ‘E’ for walking inside or you may walk in the lower parking lot outside.
- DO NOT walk right on the outer perimeter as the risk of collision is high. Doors open unexpectedly and no one wants to be injured.
- Use proper waste receptacles for any wrappers or empty drink containers.
- 1 Lap around the concourse = 800 feet
- 4 laps = 1 kilometre
- 7 laps = 1 mile
- 4 laps around back half parking lot = 1 kilometre
- 1 lap around building & entire back parking lot = 1 kilometre
- Management and Staff reserve the right to ask people to leave if not adhering to these guidelines
Track lanes are reserved for walkers and/or runners. Stretching should be done well away from track lanes.
Direction of run: Counter-clockwise
- Fast Runners: two inside lanes (Lanes 1 & 2)
- Moderate Runners/Joggers: three inner lanes (Lanes 3, 4, 5)
- Walkers: three outer most lanes (Lanes 6, 7, 8)
- Innermost lane (Lane 1) – 400 metres
4 laps ~ one mile
2.5 laps ~ one kilometre
- Outermost lane (Lane 8) – 450 metres
Passing Other & Notes
- Pass on the left, calling out “TRACK” before you pass to allow slower runner the chance to move to the right.
- If you choose to run/walk with music, you should keep one ear free, or volume low enough, so you are aware of your surroundings.
- Special Track Shoes are not required, wear your regular clean running shoes.