As of January 1, 2023, Recreation Services is simplifying how the public can access drop-in, non-instructed recreation activities. Instead of having to purchase different passes for different activities (such as public swimming and public skating), customers will purchase a single, universal access pass called the stayActive Pass. This new pass will give users easy access to public swimming, the fitness gym, public skating, shinny, and drop-in sports.
No more having to remember to bring different passes for different passions. Just bring your stayActive Pass and have fun!
- As of January 1, 2023, all current passes will be converted to stayActive Passes.
- The stayActive Pass must be presented to staff for each individual activity. In other words, to play volleyball and then have a hot tub, you’ll need to present the pass to access the drop-in sport and the aquatic centre.
- For Sports that require pre-reservation (shinny, public skate, drop in sports) please continue to do so online at gvrec.ca
Check out the details of this NEW universal drop-in pass below!
A special introductory 1 month pass that can be used for all drop-in, non-instructed recreation activities offered by Greater Vernon Recreation Services. The getActive Pass is intended for individuals who have NEVER had a pass through Recreation Services, whether it be because you’re a new resident to the Greater Vernon area, or you’ve just never visited one of our facilities before. If you haven’t visited us yet, we’d like to meet you! Please bring proof of residency.
Drop-in activities include: public swimming, use of the fitness gym, public skating, shinny, and drop-in sports.
The getActive Pass: 30 days of drop-in activity access for $30.
The stayActive Pass is your universal access to drop-in, non-instructed recreation activities offered by Greater Vernon Recreation Services. This includes access for public swimming, the fitness gym, public skating, shinny, and drop-in sports.
Previously, each of the activities required separate passes and had separate rates. Now, they’re all combined into one single pass and rates are based on the type of pass you choose to purchase.
There are six types of stayActive Passes available. Click the tabs below to see the pricing for each type:
Get your stayActive Pass at the customer service counter of the Recreation Centre or Kal Tire Place any time we’re open. We look forward to seeing you!
Four great benefits of getting a stayActive Pass:
- Universal access - The stayActive Pass provides you universal access to all drop-in, non-instructed activities offered by Greater Vernon Recreation Services, including public swimming, the fitness gym, public skating, shinny, and drop-in sports.
- Improved convenience - The stayActive Pass replaces the multiple passes that used to be required for each individual drop-in activity.
- Personalization - There are six types of stayActive Passes available (listed above) to match your needs. Only visit a few times a year? Try a punch pass. Looking for a longer term, more frequent commitment? Get a yearly pass.
- Simplified costs - Previously, each activity had a different set of rates. Now all drop-in activities can be accessed for the same rate, depending on the type of pass you purchase (see pass types and pricing above).