The Athletics Park is FREE for general public use. Fees only apply to groups or individuals interested in booking one or more of the amenities for exclusive use. The track is open from dawn to dusk.
Access to the facility is through the entrance to the Okanagan College campus, off of College Way, Please use the upper parking lot.
Track lanes are reserved for walkers and/or runners. Stretching should be done well away from track lanes.
- Fast Runners: two inside lanes (Lanes 1 & 2)
- Moderate Runners/Joggers: three inner lanes (Lanes 3, 4, 5)
- Walkers: three outer most lanes (Lanes 6, 7, 8)
- Innermost lane (Lane 1) – 400 metres
- 4 laps ~ one mile
- 2.5 laps ~ one kilometre
- Outermost lane (Lane 8) – 450 metres
PASSING OTHER RUNNERS
Pass on the left, calling out “TRACK” before you pass to allow slower runner the chance to move to the right.
- If you choose to run/walk with music, you should keep one ear free, or volume low enough, so you are aware of your surroundings.
- Special Track Shoes are not required, wear your regular CLEAN running shoes.
- Direction of run and walk is counter-clockwise