EVACUATION ALERT INFORMATION
If an Evacuation Alert has been issued for your area, it is time to prepare yourself and your family to evacuate your premises or property should it be necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g., insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Residents should arrange accommodations with family or friends before an Evacuation Order.
- Hook up all recreational vehicles and trailers.
- Check on neighbours and work together as communities.
- Individuals with transportation issues or facing barriers to mobility and movement should be alerted and a plan developed. These individuals should consider evacuating in advance of an actual order.
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Ensure all personal vehicles are fully fueled.
- Move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Have an evacuation plan in place and communicated that plan with people living in the residence and neighbours.
- When an Evacuation Order is issued, please implement your plan and leave the area immediately.
- Monitor the City of Vernon website at www.vernon.ca and social media channels (@CityofVernon on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), as well as local news outlets for updates and further information.
The official BC Wildfire Service mobile app is now available, providing real-time wildfire information and an interactive map that users can customize to display a variety of fire-related data.
The new app is one of many proactive initiatives undertaken by the BC Wildfire Service to give members of the public, media and stakeholders access to consistent, accurate and timely wildfire information throughout the province.
The BC Wildfire Service mobile app is available for Apple (iOS) and Android devices and is free to download in the App Store and Google Play.
- Android: The BC Wildfire Service mobile app can be downloaded at Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.bc.gov.WildfireInformation
- Apple (iOS): The BC Wildfire Service mobile app can be downloaded from the App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bc-wildfire-service/id1477675008?ls=1