Effective February 24th, 2020
Competition #: 03-COV-20
Closing Date: Internal applicants – January 17, 2020
External applicants – January 24, 2020
Rate of Pay: $28.68 per hour (as per CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement)
Band: 4 – Schedule A (as per CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement)
Days/Hours: Days and hours vary. 11 hr shifts, rotating 2 day shifts, 2 night shifts, 4 days off.
Reporting to the General Manager, Municipal Support Services - RCMP, this position provides operational and administrative support to the General Duty watches of Vernon/North Okanagan Detachment, subject to the Members’ shift schedules.
- Performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties.
- Performs transcription of police investigational data utilizing the Police Records Information Management Environment (PRIME).
- Creates PRIME electronic records.
- Performs officer safety Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) data entry such as, Accused, Missing Person, and Stolen Vehicles.
- Monitors the CPIC vmail queue, answers the telephone and responds to enquiries from other agencies or the public on behalf of the Watch Commander.
- Transcribes recorded statements such as but not limited to, complainant, victim, and accused.
- Maintains shift schedules of police officers by entering leaves such as vacation, court commitments, and training into relevant software programs.
- Retrieves and disseminates court related documents.
- Prepares the shift summary report for the Watch Commander.
- Maintains access to locked equipment and signs in/out RCMP equipment such as, guns, radios, flashlights, and conducted energy weapons.
- Performs other duties as required.
- All persons employed by the City of Vernon will be required to assist in providing emergency services. Duties assigned during an emergency may differ from regular duties.
Required Education and Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent supplemented by typing and MS Office Suite courses.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a clerical and/or administrative support role.
- A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Types 45 wpm and performs data entry with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Uses computerized software programs such as CPIC, JUSTIN, PRIME and TEAM.
- Participates and completes the Canadian Fire Arms Safety course and exam.
- Prioritizes competing requests and tasks.
- Works with limited supervision.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships, including internal and external agencies.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a police information check.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Security Status.
Please submit your resume, quoting the appropriate competition number to: Human Resources, City of Vernon, using one of the following methods:
- Online at www.vernon.ca (In MS Word or PDF Format) or
- By Fax: (250) 550-3551
Internal applicants are asked to complete the on-line Application for Internal Posting form located on Jostle and forward this along with a resume.
By making application, you are authorizing the City of Vernon to verify, through whatever means deemed appropriate, any information included in your applicant profile.
The City of Vernon wishes to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!