RCMP FINANCE CLERK
Competition #: 77-COV-19
Closing Date: Internal applicants – July 12, 2019
External applicants – July 19, 2019
Rate of Pay: $27.57 per hour (as per CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement)
Band: 4 – Schedule A (as per CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement)
Days/Hours: Days vary, 20 hours per week
Reporting to the Administrative Support & Training Coordinator - RCMP, the RCMP Finance Clerk is responsible for providing support to the RCMP Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions in daily processing of financial transactions for the Vernon/North Okanagan RCMP Detachment.
- Prepares account reconciliations and analysis to various RCMP accounts, including grant submissions, as required.
- Ensures charges to the City of Vernon conform to the Municipal Policing Agreement and prepares related reports as required.
- Provides financial information to the City of Vernon relating to the Municipal Policing Agreement.
- Tracks, reviews, codes and ensures compliance of various claims and invoices, such as overtime, acting pay claims, expense claims, and RCMP Reservist pay, in accordance with the RCMP, Treasury Board and other related policy.
- Researches, compiles and submits monthly expenditures and ad hoc reports for all business lines, projects and enhanced policing activity.
- Assists with research and data collection in preparation of the RCMP budget.
- Monitors RCMP municipal expenses.
- Provides RCMP switchboard relief on a regular basis.
- Provides coverage for other positions as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- All persons employed by the City of Vernon will be required to assist the City in providing emergency services. Duties assigned during an emergency may differ from regular duties.
Required Education and Experience:
- Completion of Business Administration Accounting Certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 months recent experience with relational databases as well as modular, integrated accounting systems.
- Experience in a multi-divisional organization.
- A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Good working knowledge of WORD and EXCEL.
- Ability to obtain and maintain RCMP security clearance.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, preferably with an accounting major.
- Experience with TEAM, PRIME and Outlook.
Preferred Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the organizational mandate, structure, culture and strategic framework of the RCMP.
- Knowledge of the RCMP financial reporting system.
- Knowledge of the Financial Administration Act and Treasury Board regulations.
Please submit your resume, quoting the appropriate competition number to: Human Resources, City of Vernon, using one of the following methods:
- Online at www.vernon.ca (In MS Word or PDF Format) or
- By Fax: (250) 550-3551
Internal applicants are asked to complete the on-line Application for Internal Posting form located on Jostle and forward this along with a resume.
By making application, you are authorizing the City of Vernon to verify, through whatever means deemed appropriate, any information included in your applicant profile.
The City of Vernon wishes to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!