INFORMATION SERVICES CLERK
Competition #: 105-COV-20
Closing Date: Internal Applicants - October 22, 2020
External Applicants - October 29, 2020
Rate of Pay: $30.06 per hour (as per CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement)
Band: 5 - Schedule A (as per CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement)
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday / 35 hours per week
Reporting to the Manager, Information Services, this position requires a technologically savvy individual to coordinate the provision of all mobile devices and provide related technical support to internal customers. In addition, this position assists with the purchasing, receiving and researching of technical products and performs clerical and administrative duties.
- Processes Information Services accounts payable invoices, purchase orders, return-merchandize-authorizations (RMA’s), answers phones, distributes the division’s service requests and performs other clerical functions related to the day-to-day operations of the Division.
- Processes, maintains, creates, and tracks IS requisitions, software/hardware maintenance contracts, and purchases.
- Initiates, sets up and installs patches and updates for cell phones, provides cellular technical support, and examines and reviews cellular plans and reports to ensure accuracy and best plan for clients.
- Assists with tracking, processing, and clerical projects, such as reviewing the IS policy with staff as required.
- Assists City staff with basic technical needs such as the installation of mice, keyboards, and projectors.
- Reviews and analyzes IS related contracts such as cellular use and photocopier information, for patterns, issues and anomalies and contacts vendors and suppliers to correct and amend. Maintains, monitors, and generates reports for same.
- Tracks corporate IS related counts for billing and ensures minimum stocking levels such as toner, are maintained.
- Assists the Division in obtaining quotes for goods and services.
- Responsible for the Information Services division’s adherence to the LGMA MOA filing system.
- Maintains Information Services files and records, assists in the preparation and distribution of the IS related documentation, and provides data entry for IS systems.
- Processes Division courier and mail needs.
- Operates standard office equipment, such as computer, copying equipment, postage machines and document handling equipment.
- Prepares and maintains spreadsheets for various Information Services information.
- Performs a variety of standard clerical and filing work, date stamps and distributes internal mail, makes photocopies, retrieves and delivers tape backups, and binds reports as required.
- Assists the Division in completing course registrations and making travel arrangements.
- Drafts correspondence, proof reads, and assists in the preparation of memo’s, bylaws and council reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- All persons employed by the City of Vernon will be required to assist the City in providing emergency services. Duties assigned during an emergency may differ from regular duties.
Required Education And Experience:
- Office Administration Certification, BUAD Accounting Certificate, post-secondary technology program certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum 18 months experience in a similar role requiring the use of computers and related Enterprise software, general office equipment, IT peripherals and devices, and functional terminology, including experience with invoicing, accounts payables and receivables.
- A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency in the use of computers and related software, and general office equipment.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of IT software, peripherals and devices such as various web browsers, windows operating systems, network peripherals, and MS products.
- Proven ability analyzing and working with invoicing, accounts payables and receivables.
- Demonstrated ability working with and supporting cellular phone devices.
- Thorough knowledge of business English, punctuation and grammar.
- Working knowledge of office procedures, functional terminology and departmental regulations.
- Ability to process, track, and receive purchases and RMA’s.
- Skilled production of neat, accurate typing of 40 correct words per minute.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise courtesy, tact, and diplomacy, in the exchange of non-routine information with other City employees, and the employees of private companies and members of the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of bookkeeping practices.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- A+ certification supplemented by course work in MS Office products or a combination of experience in a computer technical field.
- Experience with computer purchases in a technology department.
- Experience with Information Services processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of cellular phones and their distribution.
Please submit your resume, quoting the appropriate competition number to: Human Resources, City of Vernon, using one of the following methods:
- Online at www.vernon.ca (In MS Word or PDF Format) or
- By Fax: (250) 550-3551
Internal applicants are asked to complete the Internal Application Form located on Jostle and forward this along with a resume.
By making application, you are authorizing the City of Vernon to verify, through whatever means deemed appropriate, any information included in your applicant profile.
The City of Vernon wishes to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!