GRANT WORKER – RECORDS CLERK
May 3, 2021 to September 3, 2021, approximately
Up to two (2) positions
Competition #: 35-COV-21
Closing Date: March 31, 2021
Rate of Pay: $17.00 per hour
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday / 35 hours per week
This position is in accordance with CUPE Local 626 - Grant Workers
Reporting to the Manager, Legislative Services, the incumbent is responsible for assisting in the coordination of converting the City of Vernon records from paper to a digital format as part of the Electronic Document Records Management System (EDRMS) Project.
- Prepares documents (removal of staples, sticky notes, duplicates) for efficient entry into Laserfiche EDRMS system.
- Scans and converts paper documents to digital version of a tiff or pdf file format in accordance set by the ISO (International Standards of Operations) quality standards.
- Maintains high degree of quality control such as image quality checks and removal of blank pages.
- Ensures proper naming conventions and applies relevant indexing and metadata to the images.
- Prepares scanned documents for destruction per established procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
Preferred Education And Experience:
- Courses and/or experience in filing, library services, or records management systems.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Proficient in using computer programs, scanning equipment and other office equipment.
- Excellent organization skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible and work independently and/or in close cooperation with a peer.
Please submit your resume, quoting the appropriate competition number to: Human Resources, City of
- Online at www.vernon.ca (In MS Word or PDF Format) or
- By Fax: (250) 550-3551
Internal applicants are asked to complete the on-line Application for Internal Posting form located on Jostle and forward this along with a resume.
By making application, you are authorizing the City of Vernon to verify, through whatever means deemed appropriate, any information included in your applicant profile.
The City of Vernon wishes to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!