ASSISTANT BYLAW COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Competition #: 73-COV-19
Closing Date: Internal applicants – June 18, 2019
External applicants – June 25, 2019
Rate of Pay: $31.52 per hour (as per CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement)
Band: 7 – Schedule A (as per CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement)
Days/Hours: Varies / 28 hours per week
Reporting to the Manager, Protective Services, this position performs regulatory, clerical and inspection services and enforces the City’s bylaws.
Traffic & Parking Control
- Receives, investigates and co-ordinates the resolution of complaints, including but not limited to, City Parking and Traffic bylaws.
- Enforces the Parking Meter and Traffic bylaws; patrols parking areas both by foot and by motor vehicle and conducts general parking and traffic control; checks parking meters, chalks tires, issues parking violation tickets, tows vehicles, etc.
- Collects monies from parking meters, fine-o-meter boxes and ticketing machines; transports monies to the Bank, and ensures parking lot control mechanisms are supplied with parking permit paper.
- Responds to complaints regarding Traffic violations in all areas of the City. Inspects commercial vehicles for valid Municipal Commercial Vehicle decals and issues tickets or warning notices as applicable.
- Repairs and maintains parking meters, meter housings, locks, parking lot control mechanisms and parking permit dispenser mechanisms which includes disassembling, lubricating, calibrating, repairing, rebuilding and maintaining a parts stock.
- Advises public of parking regulations in answer to their inquiries; advises public of other bylaw requirements that may be applicable (sign, business licence, sidewalk use..
- Maintains contact with and liaises with other City departments, and outside agencies.
- Impounds, issues warnings or bylaw enforcement notices to pedestrians, cyclists, and skateboarders in violation of the Traffic or Parking Facility bylaws.
- Inputs, prepares, records, and reports on issues relative to parking & traffic enforcement activities as requested.
- Collects and inputs meter maintenance data to maintain a database of City parking assets.
Regulatory Bylaw Control
- Investigates and enforces municipal bylaws, including but not limited to, Business License, Zoning, Sign, Nuisance, Noise, Subdivision and Development Servicing, Watering Restriction and Snow Removal.
- Answers telephone, written and in-person enquiries related to bylaw enforcement matters.
- Maintains contact with and liaises with City departments, and outside agencies.
- Coordinates, where possible, the resolution of complaints (Sign, Nuisance and other regulatory bylaws).
- Inputs data, prepares, records, and reports on issues relative to bylaw enforcement activities as requested.
- Acts as a City representative in the Municipal Ticket Information (MTI) bylaw enforcement or Bylaw Notice Enforcement systems by writing and delivering ticket information.
- Prepares departmental correspondence for supervisor's or own signature.
- May act as a courier delivering City or other deposits as needed.
- Complies with WCB regulations, identifies safety concerns with supervisor and participates in corporate safety programs.
- Performs related duties as required.
- All persons employed by the City of Vernon will be required to assist the City in providing emergency services. Duties assigned during an emergency may differ from regular duties.
Required Education And Experience:
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- 6-months’ experience in a customer service, bylaw enforcement field, or dispute resolution field.
- Current valid BC Class 5 driver’s license with a driver’s abstract acceptable to the City.
- Level 1 - Advanced Bylaw Enforcement and Investigative Skills Certificate.
- A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Ability to learn City and Departmental bylaws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to efficiently use automated systems, related software and general office equipment.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful and diplomatic manner where people may be agitated.
- Ability to defuse agitated persons.
- Ability to key 100 correct key strokes per minute.
- Ability to prepare written reports.
- Knowledge of the Bylaw Notice Enforcement and MTI ticketing systems and provincial court proceedings.
- Ability to exercise mature judgement in problem solving.
- Physical ability to perform the work; ability to walk on even and uneven surfaces potentially during adverse climate conditions.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an acceptable Criminal Record Check & Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Ability to obtain and maintain, an RCMP Enhanced Security Clearance.
Preferred Education And Experience:
- Post-Secondary courses in Municipal administration or Justice Institute courses related to bylaw enforcement.
- Several years’ experience in work related to municipal bylaw.
- 1 year Municipal experience in bylaw enforcement or related fields.
- Level 2 Advanced Bylaw Enforcement and Investigative Skills Certificate or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Previous experience in the repair of parking meters and spitters.
Please submit your resume, quoting the appropriate competition number to: Human Resources, City of Vernon, using one of the following methods:
- Online at www.vernon.ca (In MS Word or PDF Format) or
- By Fax: (250) 550-3551
Internal applicants are asked to complete the on-line Application for Internal Posting form located on Jostle and forward this along with a resume.
By making application, you are authorizing the City of Vernon to verify, through whatever means deemed appropriate, any information included in your applicant profile.
The City of Vernon wishes to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!