(Excluded - Temporary)
May 25, 2021 to August 20, 2021, approximately
Two (2) positions
Competition #: 38-COV-21
Closing Date: April 6, 2021
Rate of Pay: $18.00 per hour
Days/Hours: Varies / 35 hours per week
Reporting to the Community Safety Coordinator – Public Programs, the Anti-Tag Team’s primary duties include identifying, documenting, and working with landlords and tenants in the removal of unwanted graffiti/tags in the City of Vernon. The incumbents will act as good will ambassadors for the City of Vernon and work with the business community to deliver a community based anti-graffiti/tagging initiative.
- Develops and launches a community based anti-graffiti/tagging initiative.
- Photographs, documents, and monitors unwanted graffiti/tagging vandalism.
- Contacts affected businesses and property owners to coordinate the removal of unwanted graffiti/tagging vandalism.
- Removes unwanted graffiti/tagging vandalism.
- Acts as a good-will ambassador for the City of Vernon.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year post-secondary education in a field(s) that provides for comprehension, proficiency in writing, computer skills, and communication abilities.
- Valid First Aid Certificate that includes CPR.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License Class 7N.
- A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication abilities with a diversity of populations.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software, and general office equipment.
- Works effectively with limited supervision.
- Selected candidates will be required to provide an acceptable Police Information Check.
Please submit your resume, with a cover letter, current driver’s abstract and valid first aid certificate (scan together all documents and submit as one file), quoting the appropriate competition number to: Human Resources, City of Vernon, using one of the following methods:
- Online at www.vernon.ca (In MS Word or PDF Format) or
- By Fax: (250) 550-3551
Internal applicants are asked to complete the on-line Application for Internal Posting form located on Jostle and forward this along with a resume.
By making application, you are authorizing the City of Vernon to verify, through whatever means deemed appropriate, any information included in your applicant profile.
The City of Vernon wishes to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!