The Engineering Department is responsible for
planning, designing, budgeting and administering the City's infrastructure
including, but not limited to, roads, sidewalks, traffic control,
sanitary sewer and storm drainage. Headed by the Municipal Engineer,
the Engineering Department works closely with Council and other
Departments making Vernon a safe and
The Engineering Department:
- Generates long and short term planning for
the extension and upgrading of municipal works and services to
accommodate population growth and to ensure the public safety efficiency
and reliability of the works.
- Carries out detailed design and coordinates
the construction of both new and upgraded works (local improvements)
for the city's infrastructure.
- Provides annual and long term capital works
budgets for Council's review and approval.
- Develops and recommends Engineering policies
and bylaws to senior management and City Council and administers
such policies and bylaws.
and approves works proposed by other public and private utilities
within City rights-of-way.
- Acts as a liaison with other levels of government,
utility companies and community groups on engineering issues.
- Provides engineering input for applications
received by Planning, Development & Engineering Services, including
subdivisions, building and development permits, rezoning and
- Reviews and approves private development
proposals to ensure developments are constructed in accordance
with the City's engineering standards as outlined in the Subdivision
& Development Servicing Bylaw.
The Engineering Department is located at 3001 - 32 Ave.
- Collects and maintains data on City infrastructure
for analysis and inventory such as video inspection of sewer pipes,
traffic counts, field surveys and road evaluations.
Community Services Building.
| General Inquiries: